Check our latest news page for what’s happening right now!
Zero-Carbon Haddenham is a group of ordinary people living ordinary lives who want to make sure that Haddenham is an extraordinary community resilient to the potential impacts of climate change and promote initiatives to reduce our carbon footprint as individuals and as a community. We are currently running the following projects .
- Solar Streets Haddenham – a discounted group-buying scheme for solar PV panels
- Electric Car Club – now up and running!
- reLEAF – with the aim of doubling the number of trees in Haddenham
- Repair Cafe – aiming to keep broken stuff out of landfill by repairing not replacing
- Apple press and pasteuriser loan – make your own apple juice or cider, preserve your produce and keep usable food out of the bin
- Food Waste project – The average family of four in the UK could save just over £60 a month by cutting down on wasted food. That’s over £720 a year! And you’ll be cutting carbon emissions too, all by not throwing away good food.
Please get in touch if you want to know more or support our efforts!
Zero-Carbon Haddenham used to be called ‘Haddenham in Transition’, a group setup some years ago with similar aims and allied to the international Transition towns movement. Every Transition group works with the resources they have locally on the issues that matter locally but our change of name recognises that the universal problem of anthropogenic global warming has now become the overriding issue facing the world and our community.